WWE News and Rumors 5/20/11 – New WWE Divas Coming’ To Smackdown
– NXT|FCW Divas Maxine and AJ Lee are moving to the Smackdown Brand. Maxine (NXT Season 3) debut was originally planned for this week Smackdown, however, the debut for still unknown reasons was postponed for the time being.
AJ Lee (NXT Season 3) was with the Smackdownd roster at the last house show and was on the side of Natalya in two matches.
The situation for another NXT Season 3 diva is rather different. Although Naomi provided quite a stir during NXT, there are currently no plans to call up Naomi to the main WWE roster and she will probably have to stay for some time in FCW.
Nunzio WWE Return
– WWE has recently taken James Maritato under contract. Maritato is probably known to most wrestling fans by his ring names Little Guido or Nunzio. The ECW original and former member of the Stables Full Blooded Italians (FBI) will however not get involved in the WWE ring. Instead he will be used as a referee.
Over the past few months, he helped out at several WWE house shows as a referee and was used more recently as a ref for RAW as well as WWE Superstars. Maritato was released by WWE on 8 August 2008 in the wake of a wave of layoffs by the company.
MVP Japan Wrestling Champion
– -Former WWE United States Champion MVP was in Philadelphia this week winning his first ever New Japan Pro Wrestling Intercontinental Champion, as he was able to prevail in the final of a tournament against Toru Yano.
CM Punk Signature Moves Criticized
– KENTA of Pro Wrestling NOAH has now criticized CM Punk, claiming that the WWE Superstar had stolen some of his trademark moves and used it in WWE. KENTA told the Daily Star: “Please list him on the wanted list as he stole my move.”.
CM Punk is said to have been so fascinated by the Japanese wrestling star KENTA years ago that he has taken some of his moves, including the GTS and various Slap / roundhouse kicks to his arsenal of moves tothe WWE ring.
WWE Live Events Attendance
– Below are recent attendance figures from WWE Live Events May 2011 for the Raw and Smackdown brands.
Smackdown Live Events Attendance
-On 09 May, there were 4,000 fans for SmackDown! House show in Birmingham, Alabama.
-On 14 May in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The crowd count was 3,300 for the Smackdown event.
– On 15 May, 5,500 people were present for the Smackdown show in Austin, Texas.
Raw Live Events Attendance
– RAW House Show on 11 May, in Hermosillo, Mexico achieve a sellout crowd of 10,300 people.
– On 12 May 6500 fans came to the Raw show to Guadalajara.
– In Mexico City one day later, an audience of 19,900 attended the Raw event (sold out).
– On the last day of the WWE Mexico 2011 tour in Monterrey. 13 800 people attended the show (sold out).
WWE News and Rumors 5/20/11 Headline Summary – New WWE Divas Coming,Nunzio WWE Return, MVP Japan Wrestling,