Wrestlemania 27 Press Conference Recap & Live Notes
To the surprise of many Vince McMahon was not at the official WWE Wrestlemania 27 press conference on Wednesday. This is very unusual, since Vince Mcmahon usually does not miss such a important event. The WWE Wrestlemania 27 Press Conference was held in New York City, at the Hard Rock Café, formerly WWF New York/The World. Just like n previous years the conference was broadcast live on wwe website, here’s the summary and live notes from the event:
- Beside the media, WWE fans were present and alot were anti John Cena. As a fan reported, there very many “Cena Sucks” and “Same Old Shit” chants from the audience when John cena spoke, while The Rock got a very good response. John Cena will on next Sunday break an old record of Hulk Hogan as Cena will be for the seventh consecutive year at WrestleMania be in a World Title Match. So far, he shares this record with Hogan (6 each).
- As announced at the WWE Wrestlemania 27 press conference, Triple H will induct his best friend Shawn Michaels into the Hall of Fame 2011. The ceremony will take place on the eve of WrestleMania 27 in the Phillips Arena in Atlanta.
- Stephanie McMahon made a rare public appearance and said the fans welcome. The fans suddenly burst into a “Hogan sucks” chant, referencing to the Hulk Hogan signing for TNA Wrestling. Steph commented that Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania this year certainly will not happen. “He’ll not be part of this year’s Wrestlemania, that’s for sure.”
- This brought out her husband, Triple H who announced that he will induct Shawn Michaels at 02 April into the Hall of Fame 2011. HHH then gave a promo in which he claimed that he will break the streak on Sunday.
- Next up was WWE Champion The Miz, who came out and said he would defend the WWE title on Sunday – because he was “awesome.”
- The next in line was John Cena. He spoke about the history of WrestleMania. The fans booed him mercilessly, shouting “same old sh * t”.
- Snookie was presented and then wore a T-shirt reading “Blonde Mafia”. They announced that this would be the name of their team (Snooki/Trish Stratus/John Morrison) on Sunday.
- The Rock came out and before he could say a word, a “One More Match” chant broke out. He then spoke about WrestleMania 27, the fans chant “Fruity Pebbles”.
- Snookie then asked if they should have The Rock and John Cena take a photo -. Both consented, shot the photo and it all ended in a nose-to-nose Staredown “of the two. The fans were crazy during this.
* Lots of media were present at the conference, at least as many as the WWE fans present.
* The Rock welcomed the fans before the start to participate in the WWE Wrestlemania 27 Press Conference